Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Visiting with Wes Clark

Image hosted by Webshots.comWhen Wesley Clark visited Denver last year, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend and listen to our next president speak. The photo at right was taken at that event.

I first got to know a little bit about Wes in early 2003 when I read his first book, Waging Modern War, which talked about his experiences in the Balkans in the 1990s. In September, 2003, I attended my first meetup for the Draft Wesley Clark campaign in Colorado. The draft movement quickly mushroomed into a full-fledged presidential campaign, and I got my first chance to meet Wes when he made a campaign appearance in November, 2003.

He has continued to travel around the country and is a military analyst for Fox News(!) Although no official announcement has been made, Wes gives every indication that he will make another run for the 2008 Democratic nomination for president. It's a safe bet that I will be once again actively working on his campaign!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home